Playlist

Monday, May 23, 2011

Last Pre-(Rhea's)Wedding Post.

My schedule has been going exactly as planned. Busy. I've been so busy lately, to the point of forgetfulness. I wish I were joking. (:

I'm going to be honest and tell you I probably won't post again until June. But I wanted to give you another quick pre-Rhea's wedding update.

I finished painting the shelves I'd been working on and love them. I caught them the next morning with the sun shining in through the guest room window and it seriously looked like the sunshine was coming out from the cabinet. Great.

 


This next one I'm SO ecstatic about. I painted, in the entry way by our front door, our very own CHALK BOARD WALL! I've seriously been looking forward to this so much. You can make your own or buy your own chalk board paint, I'm not really sure on the price difference. I had bought chalk board paint in December, I used it on a picture frame as part of Erik's Christmas gift before I knew how to make it or I probably would have gone that route. Either way. I had left overs and made good use of them here.

SO EXCITED. (: You paint two coats (or more as needed) then you have to impatiently wait for THREE whole days before you can use your chalk board. When your three days are up you have to condition the wall by coloring the whole thing with the side of a piece of chalk, erase it all and then you're ready to play!

This morning I woke up to this note from Erik. Seriously made my whole day. I love our chalk board wall. (: Later this evening I started putting up our June calander.


Last week Tuesday I ordered blinds and curtains for our living room from Target and Urban Outfitters. This afternoon while I was at work (today I was the high school Spanish teacher) I got a text from my dad letting me know a Target package game for me, so I couldn't wait to get home and put up our blinds! Fortunately Erik got off work the same time as I did today (which as you know doesn't ever happen) and we put up all of the blinds together, and got along the whole time! Ha. That's new! (: Either way. Take a peak. I can't wait for our curtains to show up!


This past weekend my mom's sister Dirinda and her husband Don (my aunt an uncle) came to town for opening weekend of paddle fishing season. We have family come every year, this year only the two of them could make. Growing up here paddle fishing is an exciting thing every year and it's just a normal part of life, once you grow up you realize no one from any where else has any idea what paddle fishing is. Ha. So if you're reading this and clue less. The fish Erik is proudly holding below is a paddle fish (they have the big paddle nose). A large paddle fish is between 90 and 120 pounds. Erik's fish was around 50. So his this year was small. Yes, the fish Erik is holding is small for a paddle fish. The big difference between paddle fishing and fishing is you do not bate paddle fish, you snag them. So no worms. And your hook isn't like a normal hook, instead of the one prong a normal hook has the paddle fishing hook has three. You cast, reel in, pull back, reel in, pull back, reel in pull back and repeat. Until you snag a fish and then you struggle with pulling in a fish that is atleast half your size if not close to the same size you are. Ha. Please come join us next year! (:


This weekend we also had Rhea's Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party. Both were successful. We seriously had the best time! It was so much fun to get in the much needed girl time. And get to relax instead of stress wedding prep.

I'd get more to you, but it is now bed time in this home. Rhea's wedding is this Saturday. SO much to get done this week. I'll post more after. Promise.

LOVE YOU.

Ooooh. Quick P.S. Our friend Fiona is coming to stay with us for the wedding. We're so excited to have her here, and so excited to have our first guest! Yayy.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Katie! Love the blinds. They look great! I've seen chalkboard paint before. That's a neato idea. Love it! Especially when you get love notes! ;)
    I'm glad I caught this one! Bryan and I are leaving for Vegas in 2 days :) EEEEKKK! So excited, gone a WHOLE week! I suppose I will let it slide this once, that I will have to wait until next month for another update (ONLY because I will be gone!)
    Love you so much! Can't wait to see your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm so honored to be in here!!! I'm so excited to be your first guest!!! YAY!!!

    Your hair is getting so long, Katie! I love it! And I also love your chalkboard wall and am super jealous of it. I am going to write on it when I get there.

    P.S. I broke the blinds in my room today so I'm hoping you and Erik will come put in new ones for me?? LOL Just kidding!!! Love you two!! SEE YOU SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE this blog Katie!! you guys are so great :)

    ReplyDelete