Playlist

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bloom where you are planted.

When I went to Billings for my test I stayed in a small town about 20 miles away called Ballentine, with one of my best friends Amanda and her boyfriend Trevor's family. I seriously love Trevor and getting to know his family was so much fun. My test was on Sunday, it was so relieving to get it over with! Sunday night Amanda and I had dinner with our friend Shevon. She made us spaghetti, my favorite! After eating dinner we went back to Ballentine, I washed my face, took out my contacts, changed into my pj's and I was seriously SO content. Being full, comfy and relieved. It was such a great feeling to not have to stress about my test anymore. Hopefully I'll feel the same way when I get my results. ;)

So Monday morning I got up in no rush to get home. Amanda had to go to work at 2 that afternoon so my plans were to leave sometime before then (especially because my driving time would be cut in half from my trip there!). That morning we were watching HGTV. I don't remember the name of the show but basically it was about this counselor/home designer/problem solver/marriage saver. She would come in and say this is what's wrong w/ how you're living, this is how it's effecting your marriage. Watching this show a lightbulb came on for this post.

I don't think we realize how much how/where we live effects us. Where we live is a lot of who we are. Example. When I went to college in Fargo, I seriously hated my life. For so many reasons we won't go into now but I was very unhappy there. My sister and I had a joke about calling my apartment Your Home (Your Home as in my home) but spelt Year Home. As in, it was my home but I only had to be there for a year. I didn't love being there and because of that I made it a point not to make my apartment homey. I didn't hang pictures. I didn't personalize. I didn't do those things because I was only going to live there for a year and I didn't want to get comfortable just to have to take it all apart when I left. I think that was the worst, worst, worst idea. No wonder I never felt comfortable or at home there. Hello!

Either way. If you're home isn't a complete reflection of you. Or you aren't head over heals in love w/ it. Do yourself a favor and change that! Maybe it's effecting your mood or your relationships and you haven't even realized it. In this life we're going to find ourselves in places that aren't ideal to us. I think that's when we need to step up and make the changes that will make our situation as ideal as possible. It's kind of like loving people that love you, not impressive. It's shows character if you can love those who don't love you back, if you can find happiness or make your own happiness where you're with out.

"Sometimes we may find ourselves providentially planted where we would rather not be. A true test of character is whether we wilt or bloom in these places." --Stephen & Brooksyne Weber

Have the best..omgosh, IT'S THURSDAY. (:
LOVEYOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment