Playlist

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Two thousand and eleven.

The thought of a New Year's Eve post is a little terrifying. It has so much ground to cover and so much potential to reveal twords the coming year. I think my attempts would only turn up inadequate. I think the best way to go about this is to stay short and simple.

Was there pain in the last year? Of course, but was there joy? That's what I want to hear about. I don't think this life is about the darkness. It's about the light. The sun coming up each morning. But life is so much bigger than this world. I hope if you haven't found that in previous years, this year brings that to you. There's a season for all things in this lifetime. I hope through the next year you come to find understanding of all of the painful seasons of your past and learn that there's an up to every down, but even more importantly there's a bigger plan in motion that you or I can fathom.

This year's been so full for us. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. For the impressions you've left on us in the days of 2011. You have changed our lives. You have changed the world. Please don't forget the potenial you have. That life is about the choices you make.

Let 2012 be about living. About loving. Maybe instead of resolutions we should choose priorities. Does your life reflect the things that are important. Are you giving the things that matter, the things that are real the attention they deserve?



"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

 --The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
      

We love you.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment