Playlist

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks. Giving.



I keep typing and erasing, and typing and erasing because I don't feel like I have the words to make this post as meaningful as I hope for it to be. When I struggle in writing I find it's best to just lay it all out and then work with what you have, so I'm going to pass on the backspace button for awhile, I appoligize in advace for what comes out. ;)

Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for Thanksgiving, for this holiday we get to spend celebrating with food, family, friends, football, parades and most importantly giving thanks. This one day a year that we spend appreciating all that we have. It's terribly sad, right? I love, love, love Thanksgiving, it is one of my favorite holidays (the other being the 4th of July). I love that they're holidays not based on gifts, but on beauty and thanks and giving. But please really think about this..


What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

The day after Thanksgiving we would all wake up with full homes and full bellies. What about the rest of the year? What about all of the other days? I hope that this day in your life is so full of thanksgiving, you find yourself celebrating it more than the holiday. But, I think that's what everyday should be about. It's heartbreaking that it is SO easy for us to forget what we have. Aren't we rediculous. We get so wrapped up in wanting things we don't have, we don't appreciate the things we do.


It's crazy the things we have right. What's even more crazy is we don't even realize it. I try to send up more prayers of thanks than anything else, but it's so easy to constantly want and ask for more. Do you have enough?
Erik and I took a look at what we have and I just wanted to share with you what we're celebrating today. Erik put stars next to the ones that are most important.

ERIK'S THANKFUL LIST
Popsicles
Smells
*God
TV/Movies
*Katie
*Family
*Friends
*Music
*Stability
*Home
*Job
Snacks
*Health
*College Football
Love Sac (I should probably do a post on this, it's like a jumbo bean bag.)
*4 Seasons
Color Green
Colors Orange and Blue
FOOD
Clothing
Heat
*Forgiveness

KATIE'S THANKFUL LIST
My Savior
The people in my life. (YOU)
  • Erik
  • Family
  • Friends
  • My Cross Country Team
  • Our Church Family
  • My Daycare Kids
Having a job that I love.
FOOD
Music
Books
Health
Safety
Freedom
Grey's Anatomy
One Tree Hill
Water
Chocolate
Outside

These are all big things that we love and care about, it's funny how easy it is to miss things though. Please spend a little bit of everyday being grateful for what you have. I hope you can find enough in what you have and be so thankful.

Please remember..



Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in everyday.
We are thankful for you.
WE LOVE YOU.
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment