Playlist

Friday, November 25, 2011

Opportunity.

Morning.

I heard some words this morning I'd like to ponder, keep in mind, and be reminded of often.

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

It's quite possible that when we're busy praying for blessing's God's busy creating opportunities for us that we're passing by, waiting for him to hand over what we've been asking for instead of working for it ourselves.

Be bold. Take advantage of opportunity.
#thismomentisanopportunity

We love you.


2 comments:

  1. I loved both of your posts this week and they were exactly what I wanted/needed to hear. I have been feeling a little "Grinch-y" lately because the holidays get overwhelming with all of the people you have to buy presents for and will they like it? or Would they rather have a gift card? Should I send a gift receipt? YUCK!!! THANKS.GIVING! :)
    You are Wonderful and I am thankful for YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! Thanks for keeping up with our blog! I'm so glad you enjoy our words! I'm so glad they said something to you! Holidays can be so stressful! Especially gift holidays. Bleh. Let me know anytime you need a hot cocoa break! (: We adore you and your family. Thanks for having a place in ours. Love you!

    ReplyDelete