Playlist

Monday, December 6, 2010

Our weekend.

We had such a good weekend. (:

Erik had to work Saturday, bleh. So I spent the day doing laundry/cleaning up our room as it was a disaster from us coming home from Idaho. Ha. Saturday evening we had a date w/ our friends Bryan and Jen and their children. Bryan used to work w/ Erik and Nabors. They invited us over for dinner, delicious lasanga! Oooh, and bread! I loved the breah. (: Ha. The pregnancy pact was on lifetime which of course Jen and I enjoyed. Their kids are so beautiful and so much fun.

I was so, so proud of Jen. Our last date w/ them we went to Williston for a movie and we'd tried convincing the men we should see Eclipse, which of course didn't fly. But as we were on our way to their home on Saturday Erik says "Katie, Jen tricked us!" I'm confused and ask what he's talking about and he goes on to tell me that she had just text him and informed him that she rented Eclipse but that we didn't have to watch it if we didn't want to. Bahahaha. Girl power! I was SO impressed w/ her. (: Either way. We had a great night enjoying food and enjoying their family. We love them so much. If you catch this Reuters, we'd like to date you again soon.

Sunday we tried out a new church in Glendive. Erik and I haven't found a church that feels like home to us yet. We've been to various churches in Sidney and Williston and just haven't found one that's caught us yet. It would be SO nice to find a church that we really fit at. To have a solid stable church family and to start making new friends. Erik has been working w/ a Nabors crew from Glendive a lot lately and has become friends w/ a guy on the crew, Jesse. Jess is a blessing. A true answer to my prayers. Jesse is seriously a God send. The oil field is such a dark place. I mean that in no offense to anyone that's a part of it. It's a solid job but it is by no means a Christian environment which is really hard for me and really hard on Erik. Since working w/ this crew from Glendive Erik's been coming home a different person and nights, in such a better mood. This past week Erik found out Jesse's taking online classes and considering studying ministry. So exciting!

I once had a conversation w/ someone important to me who explained that in their work environment there aren't other Christians and that when she goes to work everyday she has to be Jesus for the people she works with. That these other people don't know our Savior and that it was important for her to be different and display her faith, to pray and care for these non-believers. I feel like Jesse and Erik are so much in that position. I'm so glad and so thankful they've found each other.

Either way. Erik explained to his new friends Jesse our church situation and Jesse invited us to go to church and chinese w/ him and his family. We went Sunday morning to the Glendive Aliance Church and will be going back for our second interview (joking) next Sunday. We spent the best Sunday w/ them. Getting to know Jesse, his wife Chelsea (sp?) and their daughter Taylor (again, sp?) (eek). We enjoyed the church everyone was so friendly, so welcoming and cared so much about meeting us! I love friendly people. Jesse and Chelsea have such a great story to share about how God has rocked their worlds, really shaken things up and set them down on their feet pointed in the right direction. God's really changed who they are in the best way and it's such a blessing to now have them as a part of who we are.

I also wore skinny jeans for the first time. Ever. Yesterday. Ha. Just saying.

I need to peace out. I'll have my list of New Year's Resolutions to post soon. (:
Love you.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment