Playlist

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Chris†mas.

LOVES. MERRY CHRISTMAS. (:

Right this second I am watching Despicable Me w/ my daddy and sister. I very much recommend this movie to you. Yes, you! I love it. It's the next Meet the Robinsons. If you haven't seen that either, watch it as well. Great!

I would also like to recommend to you an article from yesterdays msn.com homepage. It chats a little bit about being more focused, which I think I could use two spoonfuls of. http://health.msn.com/health-topics/adhd/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100266975&GT1=31001

Either way. I know I've been a stranger lately. I've been trying to avoid my facebook/blogger a bit because truly, and ironically enough, I notice they leave me feeling unfocused. I wanted to drop in before the new year and leave you with my new years resolutions.

Learn sign language.
Read the bible.
Get a job.
Volunteer (more).
Find a:
     church
     home
     life
Spend more time w/ my dog.
Take less credit/make more annoynomous acts.
Say less, do more.

There's my list. Most of which are self explanitory. Some I would like to explain. Ha. Firstly. Get a job. Yes, I do work. But right now I'm subbing at the schools here, which really would be great if I had a real desire for it. I don't. When I say I would like to find a life, that's where I'm summing up all of my be healthier, work out more, gain weight, get better at birthdays/holidays (not only remembering them, but being creative w/ them), facebook less goals. I always love the good feeling of getting the credit for doing something good/right. My take less credit/make more annoynomous acts is for exactly that. I would like to do great and be great, but I know when I'm doing great or being great it isn't of me, it's of God. I don't need to have credit for my good acts to be good, amen? And my say less, do more which is self explanitory but that is my resolution to hold me to all of my resolutions. To not just say I want to do better, or say I want to do something but to actually follow through. I learned a saying from my Tech. Comm. teacher my senior year of highschool which hits this right on, "The road to hell is paved w/ good intentions." Aka, you aren't going to get anywhere good or do any good by saying you want to do good but not following through. So true.

I don't have much more for tonight, Erik and I have had a great couple of weeks. We had a fun trip to Bismarck last weekend for some last minute Christmas shopping w/ my sister, Chelsey, Jesse and Jesse's brother Chad. It was a really great time! We had a really great Christmas w/ my family. Christmas Eve we were w/ my parents and little sister. Today my dad's brother, his wife and their son my cousin Mike were here, they're always a good time. Love you family. We missed Erik's family. This was Erik's first Christmas here w/ my family, last year spending Christmas away from my family was hard. I know Erik feels very at home here but that doesn't stop you from missing your own family on the holidays.

Growing up is my least favorite.

One more thought. I knew I had something I wanted to share. Erik and I really rock at not getting along. Not always. Sometimes we just don't like each other, mostly because we misunderstand each other. Either way, I just wanted to share a little about where we're at because sometimes when you're struggling it's nice to know someone else understands, or has been there and made it through. (Not that Erik and I are having doubts about each other, so if you're getting the wrong impression please stray away from that thought.) Erik and I both have a strong desire to be good to and for each other. We want what's best for each other. If we were treating each other badly or had negative intentions, I would not suggest compromise to you. But really, truly Erik and I have it great. We've been blessed w/ each other. We really want good for each other. Which I know is a struggle to find. Where he has weakness, I have strength and where I'm lacking he picks up the slack. We have so many differences from the way we were raised, the places we've come from to the foods we like and the shows we watch. We're different in a million different ways and sometimes it's really tough for us. Where I think we should jump, Erik reminds me we should be patient. Vice versa and ect. We have so many differences but what really attracted me to Erik, making him different in my eyes was that our priorities are in the same place. God comes number one for us, the people in our lives matter so much to us. Family is so important. Friends are family. When it comes to the things that really matter we're in step. We're a great team. We have so many personality differences, but I do not think that is a bad thing. I think it keeps things very interesting for us, we're continuously learning more about each other.

Bed time dudes. Love you. Have a very merry Christmas, and if you don't hear from us before, the most blessed New Year!

Sweet dreams! Erik and Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment