Playlist

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving, and a BLUE heart

he guys, i'm kinda new at this, but katie told me that it was my turn to write on our blog next, so this will be my sad first attempt at doing so, so bear with me.

thanksgiving was good, but awkward. it all started when we left sidney at 430 am the saturday before thanksgiving, and it just so happened that it was snowing...well, the snow didn't stop until we reached idaho falls, which we were completely relieved about, only to find that the freeway (interstate) was iced over, and made for an even longer trip to nampa. all in all, the trip which should have only taken 14 hours turned into the longest and slowest 18 hours of our lives.

my family doesn't make many attempts to get to know katie, and i know that it bothers her, though she would never mention it to anyone...ok, she mentioned it to me, but that's different...anyway, katie loves and cares about anyone and everyone. she is so involved in others lives whether they like it or not, and wants nothing more than for everyone to be happy...i just feel that others don't really take time to get to know her, and really find what she has to offer. which is completely unfair. she has a great heart, and is so amazing...i just wish my family would take the time to notice is all.

we spent time with some good friends, and enjoyed the company of those around us. shopped a little, bought a new gun, got katie some real sun glasses that she claims she will never wear, and handed out christmas presents early to my family since we won't see them on christmas.

all in all, it was a good trip. fast, but good none the less.

we got home last night, friday, just in time to watch the boise state football game. i must say, i was praying and praying that God would just let them win, but kept getting a feeling that their time had come. as much as i want to blame kyle brotzman, i must say, that it was in God's plan for them to lose, and have come to the realization that we can't win them all. colin kapernick was amazing last night as well as the rest of the nevada squad. as much as i hate to admit it, they deserved to win last night.

my hat is off to them.

and now, it's time for me to go shower so we can go meet up with some friends tonight.

i'll do better at this next time.

erik and katie

3 comments:

  1. Erik! Did you come home and not call me??
    Break my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time reading your blog, I'm so excited!!! I love this idea, it's great!!! Especially since you two are so busy and I never get to talk to you! Well, never is of course an exagerration (and I can't spell) plus I am way too busy too some days BUT I miss you two!!! Erik, I think you did a good job. You are so right. Katie cares about everyone and everyone should take the time to get to know her because she is an AWESOME person!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erik, you're my hero for standing up for Katie. She is definitely someone worth getting to know. Even living over 1,000 miles away, I talk to Katie more than I talk most of my friends here. She can always cheer me up. She is the most spiritual, caring, happy, optimistic person I know. As for you, you are one of the best things that has happened to her. I definitely think you are a keeper for Katie. Your personalities click and you are pretty much perfect for each other. Thanks for taking such great care of my Kates. I miss you both so much. I'm thankful to have both of you for friends. Again, THANKS FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete