Playlist

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall into me.

Welcome. (:

Good morning. It's early. Erik always leaves when it's early. I'm always cheerful when it's early. I'm a morning person and Erik works for the big black pague some people call the oil field. Joking. Kind of. Ha. Most days I go back to sleep when Erik leaves for work and wake up again later on my own time. There isn't ever a normal time for him to get up it's between 3am and 6am on a daily basis. Today it was in the 5's closer to 6, so I stayed awake.

Today I need to pack and clean our room. Because. (: We are leaving for Nampa, Idaho to visit Erik's family for Thanksgiving! And my little sister will be coming home to sleep in our bed. This room, which is now inhabited by Erik and I is in the basement of my parents house. So once upon a time, it was my room. Then my sister's room. Now it's our room. Since my Julia moved out and Erik and I moved in we've painted and made it our own and next week will be the first time my sister comes home to see it since she moved away for college. SO excited. I'm excited for my sister see our room and excited to come home from Idaho and see my sister! (: She is my best friend in the whole world. Ever. Her and Erik click like brother and sister, meaning they argue like cats and dogs, intentionally annoy each other, make each other angry and love each other like family. Which is huge.

Erik and I are well aware of the fact that living together in my parent's basement is classy. Ha. It's really what's best for us right now. We pay rent, do our own laundry, that sort of thing. We take care of ourselves like the big kids we are, we just live here for now. Renting any where that there's oil is really unrealistic. 2 bedroom apartments for 1,100 dollars a month. No thanks. It isn't worth it. I just finished college in May and we don't really know if Sidney is the place for us, so it isn't worth it to put money into buying a house if we aren't sure/ready for that. So for now this is where we are. Katie Haase. Erik Blair. Living in my parent's basement. (: Ha. No, we are not married. I know, a big no-no on living together. But again, this is what works and what's best for us right now. We don't feel like everyone has to approve of our decisions for them to be right for us and our living together is for sure one of those things. Erik and I both have very deep relationships with our savior Jesus Christ. Our beliefs come number one for us and because of that we've agreed with each other not to have sex until we are married. It's something that really matters to us. So we don't feel like that condones that fact that we live together but we don't feel like it's awful that we do.

Now that it is the fall of 2010 Erik is 24. Erik graduated from Skyview High School in Nampa, Idaho. Erik is a really great soccer player. Erik's younger sister Bethany told me once she felt Erik was not only the smartest, but the most athletic of their siblings. Erik disagreed on the smartest part, put Erik was obviously talented. I don't know the soccer playing side of Erik. I do know that he was offered a lot of money to play soccer for a lot of big deal soccer playing schools and turned them down to stay closer to his family. Erik is very close with his family. Very close with his grandparents. After high school Erik spent some time working for fed-ex, helped to coach soccer for high school, stumbled across the fact that he had a passion for landscaping and ran a landscaping business. Maybe someday he'll tell you his story, I'm sure he's much better (and more modest about himself) than I am. He's pretty impressive. I like to show him off. He worked landscaping until things weren't working out awesome with his business partners. He sold out of his company and Erik and his older brother Josh moved to Canada looking for oil field jobs. I think they were in Canada less than a week before finding jobs in Sidney. Which is where we are now. I am now 21. I graduated from Sidney High School, here in Sidney, Montana. I attended and graduated Josef's School of Hair Design in Fargo, North Dakota and recieved my Cosmetology license and then went on to Williston State College in Williston, North Dakota where I graduated with an AAS in Massage Therapy and passed my NCBTMB which means I'm nationaly certified. I worked a lot of random jobs in my years going to school: soccer coach, fitness center, roi (working w/ people who had developmental disabilities or mental handicaps), gymnastics coach, softball coach, smart style salon, edc (daycare (: ) and after finishing school this fall I've been subbing at the schools while I coached cross country for my high school.

Erik and I met January 2nd 2009. I was home with a roommate from college at a party at her fiance's apartment and Erik was there with her fiance who was Erik's operator from work. We clicked instantly and after my Christmas break had ended I went back to school to tell all of my room mates I had met my future husband. Which was great, ha, until I pushed Erik away and played my independent card. I really wasn't ready for a relationship and I've never been the fling kind of girl. Erik will tell you for the next ten months I played with his head. I will tell you I don't believe that to be true. I was always straight forward with the fact that I wasn't ready for a boyfriend. But there were always feelings between us that kept us from being "just friends".  My friends have always been and always will be very, very important to me. I was enjoying being single and figuring out who I was and I just wasn't ready to commit to anyone. L-o-n-g story short. Begining of October 2009 two friends and I made a crazy, non-stop trip to Idaho and back to tell Erik I had feelings for him. The trip didn't really go in my favor and the next week was pretty miserable but after a Friday night football game on the 16th of October Erik and I started dating and have been since 1 year and 1 month later.

I'm going to quit with this for today. Here's a first, get to know us, get a view into our sweet life blog. I hope you enjoy.

God Bless. Love. Katie.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I totally don't know you but you seem so sweet and if Erik loves you then we all will too!!!
    Erik is a keeper for sure. He'll love you forever!!

    ReplyDelete