Playlist

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall back.

Good morning bloggers. (:

I am kind of procrastinating getting to my house work this morning so I figured it would be a perfect time to recap our summer, yes the past summer that we slacked terribly at blogging about. I'm going to see how much I can cram into one post for you with out being over whelming. I seriously just grabbed my calander off the wall, sat down on the couch and I'm ready to share.

Memorial day to Labor day, here we go! ;)

My best friend Rhea's wedding. Rhea's been my best friend since preschool. She's an only child so I've always just been a part of the family. I was the maid-of-honor in her pink, blue and green wedding. Here are a few photos.










Their wedding was Memorial day, the last weekend in May, bringing us into June. I have three daycare kids that occasionaly come stay with Erik and I. They're turkeys. (: They're so full of life and we love them. Here are a couple photos.



 
My birthday was the first week in June. Erik bought me a hammock for my birthday, idk that I have any photos I'll have to work on that. It's fabulous and I love it. (: We had an auction at my grandparents house, my dad's parents, they're both..isn't it funny how we use nice words to describe death, if I say they're both dead it sounds bad, but it's the truth so we try to fancy it up with deceased or passed away..either way, you get it. They no longer live in the same world I do. Maybe that's why dead is such a harsh word, because really it's dishonest. They aren't dead, they just aren't living here anymore. I'm happy with that conclusion. SO. We had an auction to sell all of their belongings and their home. It was a hard day for our family, full of bitter sweet and memories. I took so many photos but they're on my dads camera so I'll have to share another time. I think they had 40 shovels and 38 bikes and 24 sewing machines. Seriously, that's how they rolled it. They didn't have just one of anything, they had 13. My dad and I signed up for auction numbers, I think auctions are fabulous, like large garage sales, if you don't know I live for garage sales now you do. We always used to go to auctions with my dad when we were younger, he always asks for number 52, I chose 21. I remember the first time I got to bid for something at an auction there was this old box shaped like 2 dice (I know, more than one is die, but I want you to know what I'm talking about. Ha) with a flip up lid on the top in with a bunch of other things and my dad asked the auctioner if he'd sell the die seperate for me. You can do that if you just want one thing out of the box and just bid for it instead of everything else. They come out with a higher number and if nobody bids they go down. I was so excited when he came out with $10 I bid right away and my dad was upset I didn't wait for him to come down to $5. Ha, but I won it at that and to this day it's in my living room. Back to our summer. I bid and won on a couple old wash boards, a bunch of my grandma's crafty/sewing things which came in boxes with some odds and ends jewelry and things like that. I also wanted A sewing machine as in ONE but came home with three. Ha, I bid on one and when I won it the auctioner said Katie, take those two with it. Either way they're old and fabulous, I just need to get to work on them. When they sold the house it was a sad moment for our family. Such is life, 'eh?

Next. I did wedding hair for a friend of mine Amy. Her and her husband Paul got married at a summer camp they met counsling at. It was a perfect weekend. I LOVE CAMP. If you didn't go to summer camp, find a way to do it. Love, love, love. The night before we had a bond fire and did some star gazing, it was the best. The setting was beautiful! Here are some photos.




I'm for sure not giving the events of our summer the credit they deserve. But if I don't zoom through this I know I won't get them done. The following weekend I went to Denver with my parents for a wedding, the daughter of my parents' friends. I had a good trip with them. Colorado was beautiful. I got to see where I was born, the apartment I first lived in and the house we lived in before we moved to MT. It was fun to see my friends Melissa and Brandon who I've grown up with, my parents' friends' kids!




We spend the 4th of July in Worland, WY with our friends Bret and Emily Younts. They're friends of Erik's from high school and I'm SO glad we got to spend the holiday with them. We had the best time, we always enjoyed visiting Bret before their wedding and this was the first time we've been to visit them since they've been married and Emily moved in. I'm SO glad I got to spend the weekend getting to know Emily. I seriously adore her and I'm so glad we got the chance to get some together time in.


 


In July I also did hair for a wedding of two friends of mine from high school. Curtis and Heidy MacGrady. I did hair for the bride and most of the bridesmaids. The bride and groom didn't want to see each other pre-ceramony so he's not in this photo.




Our summer was seriously loaded with weddings. And FRIENDS. (: I know I've missed SO much this is all I have time for this morning, in my next post I'll try and update you on all of our in home projects.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH.



1 comment:

  1. OMGosh Katie I always forget that you lived in CO first, too!!! Haha! I love you!

    ReplyDelete