Playlist

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home.

Good morning!

I saw a quote yesterday that I passed up, and now that I'm trying to find it for you of course I can't, I'm sure I'll stumble upon it after I post this. Ha. Either way, I couldn't get it out of my head, because I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it.

Home is the place or person you keep coming back to.

If I find it and I'm off on my wording I'll let you know, but I'm close to sure that's it. At first I loved it. The fact that they're saying home can be so much more than a place, but a someone. Then I started to think on the people or place that I "keep coming back to" and it reminded me of the negative pieces of my past, negative relationships that were so hard to navigate away from, because..I kept coming back. This instantly had me thinking about To Write Love on Her Arms. Do you know it? It's an anti suicide movement. I think it's awesome and beautiful and every positive adjective you could come up with. If you have the time explore their website. Either way, they have a page on their website titled Vision. I could seriously read the vision of TWLOHA over and over and over and over and over..and not get tired of it. I don't think what they had to say could have been worded more perfectly. There's a place in there vision where they say "We believe that everyone can relate to pain, that all of us live with questions, and all of us get stuck in moments.  You need to know that you're not alone in the places you feel stuck." Gahh, going there to find this one mini quote for you seriously makes me want to post their whole vision right here for you. Maybe in another blog. (: Ha. Pleeeease go read it. Awesome! But this quote, the places and faces (yeah, yeah people) we keep coming back to, instantly reminded me of where TWLOHA says and all of us get stuck in moments. Yes!

I think the things that are worst for us are the things we seem to keep coming back to, don't you think? Addictions, bad relationships, etc. Maybe they're not the things we choose to keep coming back to, but the things we're stuck on all the same. Maybe you haven't been stuck in the same way someone else has, but is there something you've ever been stuck on that you can relate to? I feel like it's so easy to judge when someone else is in a negative place, we're so quick to ask why don't they just quit, why don't they just leave. It's seems simple when you aren't wrapped up in that place, but would it seem simple if you were right in the middle of it?

Sometimes, as heartbreaking as it is, the negatives in our lives become our constants. Even though we know they're no good for us, they're the one thing we "keep coming back to", because it's what we know and what we understand. Even when it's the last thing we want, when we we feel like we have a loss of control in all other areas, that's the thing we're on top of. People always question, why don't they just leave, why don't they just quit, there's your why. Because even if it seems SO crazy to you from the outside, maybe from the inside, that's the one normal thing that they think they have.

If there are things that you're stuck on, things that you can't seem to break free from. I promise there's a way. That they don't have to be home for you, just because you keep coming back.

At the end of the day, I don't think home is the place or person I keep coming back to, I think home is the place or person I choose not to leave. And maybe it takes choosing to leave to realize what home is to you, but I don't think that means continually leaving so you can keep coming back. I believe home is where you're drawn to and probably where you're meant for.

Jesus is my home.

Montana is my home. Montana has sky. Montana has air and space. Montana has stars. Montana is a state of mind.

Erik is my home, not because I keep coming back to him, but because he's the one I don't ever want to come back to, because he's the one I don't ever want to lose or let go of, he's the one I choose not leave. Erik is my home because he's where I want to spend forever.

Tell us about your home?

We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment